Plains CO2 Reduction (PCOR) Partnership 2007 Annual Meeting
October 18-19, 2007
Grand Forks, North Dakota
The Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC) Plains CO2 Reduction (PCOR) Partnership 2007 Annual Meeting was held at the EERC on, October 18 and 19, 2007. The meeting attracted 96 attendees (32 more than in 2006) representing 13 states and three Canadian provinces; 45% of the participants represented industry, 31% research and academia, and 24% government and regulatory agencies, which prompted fruitful discussions.
The meeting provided our partners with a progress update of Year 2 of the PCOR Partnership Phase II Program and an update on Phase II Field Validation Test sites. The meeting also featured overviews of carbon market trading, proposed regulatory frameworks, and the future activities for Phase III.
View the Final Agenda
We were privileged to have a number of expert speakers from various industries associated with carbon sequestration. The speakers included:
Ed Steadman, EERC, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Ray Hattenbach, Vice President,
Blue Source, LLC
- John Litynski, U.S. Department of Energy, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Steven Smith, EERC, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Doug Nimchuk, Apache Canada Ltd., Calgary, Alberta
- Bill Jackson, Manager, Apache Canada Ltd., Calgary, Alberta
- Kristine Haug, Alberta Energy and Utilities Board, Edmonton, Alberta
- Lisa Botnen, EERC, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Dwight Peters, Schlumberger Carbon Services, Sugar Land, Texas
- Robert Gleason, U.S. Geological Survey - Northern Prairie Wildlife
Research Center, Jamestown, North Dakota
- Randy Renner, Ducks Unlimited, Inc., Bismarck, North Dakota
- Melanie Jensen, EERC, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Michael Jones, EERC, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Aaron Koopman, Ramgen Power Systems, Inc., Bellevue, Washington
Curtis Jabs, Basin Electric Power Cooperative
- Kevin Bliss, Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, Washington, D.C.
- Lynn Helms, North Dakota Industrial Commission Department of Mineral Resources, Oil and Gas Division, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Tiffany McCormick Potter, Point Carbon, Washington, D.C.
- Ray Hattenbach, Blue Source, LLC, Centennial, Colorado
- Dan Daly, EERC, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Erin O'Leary, EERC, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Curtis Jabs, Basin Electric Power Cooperative, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Steve Melzer, Melzer Consulting, Midland, Texas
We are currently making plans for the next annual meeting. Please send your thoughts on a location and dates to Stephanie Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her by phone at (701) 777-5229.
For more information about the PCOR Partnership or on becoming a partner, contact:
Senior Research Advisor
PCOR Partnership Program Manager
Associate Director for Research