Culture & Philosophy
The EERC has a very unique culture that distinctly sets it apart as one of the premier
research centers in the world and makes it a unique professional partner. The EERC
pursues an entrepreneurial, market-driven approach to research and development in
order to successfully demonstrate and commercialize innovative technologies. For
the past 20 years, the EERC has mastered the art of leveraging and enhancing federal
research dollars by developing working partnerships with private industry, state
agencies, the research community, academic institutions, and government agencies
from across the globe.
By choice, the EERC receives no state-appropriated funding, and the majority of
EERC contracts are with nonfederal entities. The cornerstone of the EERC's very
successful culture is its commitment to providing practical, entrepreneurial people
with the freedom to pursue strategic research focused on critical global energy
and environmental issues. This is also the cornerstone and foundation for the EERC's
success in technology commercialization.
The EERC practices a philosophy that emphasizes true working partnerships between
industry, government, and the research community. Our mission is to improve the
global quality of life through visionary multidisciplinary research and development
leading to the demonstration and commercialization of innovative energy and environmental
technologies. The EERC accomplishes this mission by:
- Being cognizant of the interconnected nature of the environment and energy.
- Being focused, practical, and sensitive to the marketplace.
- Being international in scope.
- Being committed not only to research and development, but also to demonstration and commercialization of innovative technologies.
- Fostering cooperation among industry, government, and the research community.
- Providing opportunities for economic development and job creation.
- Providing fundamental and applied research and training opportunities for highly motivated students and professionals at all levels.