Through its development of innovative, practical solutions to today’s pressing environmental
problems, the EERC is helping the area economy grow. Because of the entrepreneurial,
market-driven culture of the EERC, its impact on the regional economy is substantial.
Regional Economic Impact
- Total expenditures in FY14: $31.7 million
- Regional impact: $83.7 million
The EERC's staff is a multidisciplinary team of nearly 235 highly skilled scientists,
engineers, and support personnel representing more than 140 different disciplines,
making it one of the world's leading developers of energy and environmental technologies.
- From North Dakota: 46%
- From Minnesota: 24%
- Degreed employees who are graduates of UND: 41%
- Degreed employees who are graduates of the North Dakota University System: 46%
Fueling the Regional and National Economy
The EERC is supporting the regional and national economy in other ways as well,
by purchasing equipment, arranging for employees to travel, and building new facilities.
Contracts by Customer
- The total value of the EERC contract portfolio in FY14 was over
- Approximately one funding proposal is sent out a day.
- There were 216 active contracts in FY14—not grants.
- 96% were nonfederal partners.
- Private entities – 85%
- Federal – 4%
- State agencies – 11%
- Since 1983, over 1300 clients in 52 countries
- Governmental clients: 101
- Academia: 59
- International market: 171
- Private corporations: 972