- Obtain thermal profiles of fouling deposits and surface temperatures
that will provide experimental model verification.
- Study temperature profiles for NOx to evaluate the effectiveness
of various fuels.
- Examine the condition of refractory-lined vessels.
- Monitor combustion chamber heat exchanger tube condition and surface
temperatures in situ.
- Provide a quick, positive method for locating and observing blocked
tubes, ash, and slag formation dynamics.
- Perform surveys of advanced high-temperature alloys.
- Locate areas of suspected hazardous waste spills.
- Monitor potential underground storage tank leaks.
- Perform hazardous waste container surveys to determine level of contaminant in containers.
- Determine subsurface structural (corrosion) defects.
- Diagnose the quality of welds and joints.
- Nondestructively evaluate structural integrity and detect hazardous
residue levels in conveyance systems and storage vessels during decontamination.
Mechanical and electrical equipment thermal inspection:
- Scan moving machinery and energized electrical panels under load.
- Locate areas of higher resistance or load imbalance.
HVAC Equipment Inspection
- Detect water, steam, and gas leaks.
- Determine performance of burners, condensers, compressors, and
- Survey steam tubes and insulation for hot spots.
Surveys to locate and monitor:
- Thermal energy leaks.
- Areas of missing or poor insulation.
- Areas of worn, missing, or faulty weather stripping.
- Condition of roofing and exterior wall insulation systems.
- Radiant heating wires or pipes.
Potential Innovative Uses
- Veterinary applications.
- Medical applications.
- Grain elevator evaluation.